Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Prayer For the Day

"Lord, make me an instrument of your peace,
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy;
O Divine Master, grant that I
may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life."
St. Francis of Assisi

2 comments:

  1. I love that picture of you guys! Who took it? Beautiful post as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The same photographer who took our family Christmas picture. I love the post too. I've been reading it everyday to help keep my heart in the right place. Love you!

    ReplyDelete