Friday, January 15, 2010

One Is The Loneliest Number

Okay, I should be rejoicing in this post because I am now unofficially #1 on the boy's waiting list, but, at the moment, I'm not. It has been a long road to get to this place and, quite frankly, I am beyond ready to reach my destination...to see my baby and finally put a face to the plan God has had since the beginning of time. I am crawling out of my skin today with anxiety and impatience. Being #1 on the list is torturous because what you've been longing for is so close and, yet, so far away as each day passes without a word from my agency. What an experience this has been. It's really so hard to articulate the gamut of emotions you go through on a weekly basis. The excitement, the fear, the doubt, the longings. It is a unique journey to say the least. So, my prayer tonight is that next week will be OUR week and that he has very fat thighs :)

P.S. I have no doubt that my next post will have a very different tone than this one.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my can I identify with this post!! We waited an awful 6.5 weeks at #1 and I thought it might kill me! It is very hard. Every night I would think "I can't believe it wasn't today??" and Fridays are especially hard. I am so sorry. I am praying for you now. It may comfort you to read some of my entries during the wait so you know you are not alone in feeling this way! That's what I did (read other peoples entries from their long wait).
    cc
    www.contagiouscristie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with cristie on this one! It is sooo hard!!!! Hang in there...i guess I was really only #1 for uh and hour and 1/2....Cristie called me when she got her call at 1:30 making me #1 then our call came at 3! but being #2 for over 6 weeks was awful!!!!! the call will come and just like labor...when you see that face you will forget about the pain!!

    ReplyDelete